** Please note that this feature will NOT work if you are using ConvertKit as your CRM, due to limitations in ConvertKit’s system.
How The On Demand Login Works:
When configured, AccessAlly’s on demand login feature works as follows:
- Website visitor submits opt-in form for a free course
- AccessAlly instantly creates a new membership site user for the subscriber and logs them into the site
- The new subscriber is sent straight inside your membership site, without having to stop at the login page.
How to Set Up An On Demand Login Link
Please follow the steps below to set up this feature:
Step 1: Set up a new Custom Operation
A. Create a new “on demand login creation” operation
Inside your membership site, go to: AccessAlly > Custom Operations > Add New.
Name your custom operation, and make sure it’s set to on demand login information
This screenshot shows how the settings will appear:
B. Operation Details: Designate a URL
What page inside your membership site do you want users to be sent to when they submit the opt-in form? A course page? The main dashboard?
Add the URL to the page you want to use in the “Redirect to this URL on successful login” area.
Remember that some pages on your membership site may require additional permission tags to view.If you wish to send new subscribers to these pages, please make sure that the proper permission tags are added in your opt-in form’s settings.
C. Save Settings
IMPORTANT: Click on the “save” button at this point.
D. Copy URL
Now, you’ll need to copy the URL created by AccessAlly. This will be used as the “thank you page” URL in your opt-in form settings.
Step 2: Add the URL to Your CRM
Next, access the opt-in form’s settings in your CRM, so you can add the URL from the previous step.
When editing your Infusionsoft form, go to Thank-You Page. Here, make sure the Thank You page is set to display a Web Address. Paste the URL into the field and save.
When setting up your opt-in form, go to SETTINGS and make sure the “Custom URL” is selected. Paste the URL into the field and save.
When editing your ActiveCampaign form, go to Options. In the “On Submit” section, make sure it’s set to Open URL. Paste the URL into the field and save.
When editing your Drip form, go to Post-Signup. In the “Custom Post Submission Page” section, paste the URL into the field. Make sure to check the box directly below in order to activate this. Then, click save.
Step 3: Test Your Opt-In Form
As always, please test your setup before making it live. A good workflow to test this feature is:
- Access your new opt-in form in an incognito window.
- Fill out the opt-in form using an email address that does not belong to a current membership site user.
- After submitting the form, you should be automatically logged into the membership site and redirected to the designated URL (the one you added to the settings in Step 1).
- Check your CRM to make sure the email and permission tags appear properly.
- Repeat the testing steps again. Testing multiple times is a good practice.