PopupAlly helps you create popups and opt-in forms designed to collect subscriber information. In order to do this, it must be integrated with an email service provider (MailChimp, AWeber, etc.). On its own, PopupAlly cannot collect email addresses or send emails.
To establish the integration, PopupAlly only needs the HTML code that’s provided by your email marketing software, and it will handle the rest.
(See the list below to learn how to grab the required HTML code from your email service provider)
- Active Campaign
Once you have the sign-up form HTML, just paste it into ‘Sign Up HTML’, under the Style Settings inside PopupAlly.
Once you click out of the text box, two additional fields will appear, allowing you to select the input fields for name and email.
(If the HTML code is incorrect, you will get an error message. Hopefully it won’t come to that.)
If you’re ready to tackle the MailChimp popup WordPress task, this short tutorial will walk you through how to grab the MailChimp form code for your website. Then you’ll simply add the MailChimp popup code, directly into your PopupAlly settings in WordPress.
1. With the list selected, click on the ‘Signup forms’ tab & select ‘Embedded forms’ Inside Mailchimp you can create a variety of lists to use in the various segments of your email marketing. Select the list you’d like popup signups to be added to, then head to Signup forms > Embedded forms.
2. The signup form HTML code is in the bottom right Now, simply copy the HTML code on the bottom right. It’s important to get all of it!
3. Paste the HTML code in your PopupAlly settings This code will complete the MailChimp popup WordPress integration through PopupAlly’s settings. Simply paste the HTML code into the “Sign Up HTML” section in your popup settings. You’re good to go!
4. To set up the Thank You page, select ‘General Forms’ Finally, you’ll want to make sure that each person who signs up using your MailChimp Popup WordPress form gets redirected to a polite Thank You Page! We do have a more detailed tutorial on how to Setup the Thank You page, but within MailChimp, head to Signup forms > General forms.
4. Select ‘Sign up Thank You Page’ from the dropdown, and enter the Thank You page URL Here you can add the URL that each user who opts-in will be sent to.