Why CRM Automations Are Important
AccessAlly and your CRM are two separate pieces of technology… but they can work seamlessly together and become a single powerful unit.
In order to work together, AccessAlly relies on CRM Automations to tell it who should be allowed to view your content – and when.
When Do I Need To Make A New CRM Automation?
Any time you make a change with one system (whether that’s AccessAlly or your CRM), you do have to force the two systems to communicate and get on the same page with what should happen with the new change, whether that’s applying a tag, selling a product, etc.
The conversation “happens” through a CRM automation that contains a webhook.
What Do I Need to Put In MY CRM Automations?
It depends on what you need automated!
Each of your online courses, for example, will need to have a separate, unique automation inside your CRM.
If you sell a product with AccessAlly’s e-commerce, you need to have a unique automation for that.
In short, anytime you want something to “happen” (like give a user access to content), you need to spell out what action you want to take place inside your CRM automation.
Two Main Items:
The majority of the communication between AccessAlly and your CRM consists of two items:
- Access Tags – AccessAlly uses your CRM’s tagging system to give or revoke access to course materials, personalize content for your users, and identify key actions (like when a purchase is made, or someone logs into the site). The tagging system can be as simple or complex as you need it to be. (learn more here)
- HTTP Posts/Webhooks – An HTTP Post (or “Webhook”) updates information between AccessAlly and your CRM. It’s an extremely important part of any automation you set up. For example, if someone submits a form and has a tag added inside your CRM, you have to add an HTTP Post/Webhook to your automation so that the new tag is also synced inside AccessAlly.
Example CRM Automations:
The CRM Automations can be as simple or complex as you need them to be.
If you aren’t sure where to begin, check outthis list of some of the more basic automation tutorials to help you get started:
- How to Set Up the CRM Automation for Your Standalone Course
- How to Set Up the CRM Automation for Your Stage-Release Course
- How To Set Up a Refund / Revoke Access Automation In Your CRM
- How to Create a Tag-Based Split Test Using AccessAlly
- How to Increase A User’s Credit Balance Every Time a Subscription Payment Is Successful